Four incredibly dear puppies came close to losing their lives in a horrendous accident when they stumbled into spilled tar in a garbage pile.
When the first one wandered in and got stuck, she must have cried with so much emotion that the others came to see what was the matter, and they too got glued down by the awful tar.
We knew they had a mother, but we couldn’t find her until the day following their rescue and the hours-long process of removing the tar with oil and dish soap.
The little sweethearts were dazed with confusion, pain, fear and frustration, and two were so completely covered that all they could move was their eyes.
But by the time Mommy arrived, they were freed from the poisonous grip of the tar and ready for the comfort of her love. Help suffering sweethearts when they need us the most.